In the busy, demanding profession of ophthalmology, it is important to have access to up-to-date, reliable information at all times. With the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s eBook app, you get convenient access to essential Academy textbooks from your iPad or iPhone. Download this free app to:
• Search, browse and access your purchased eBooks online, or download them for offline use
• Quickly find relevant images and videos
• Customize your learning with easy highlighting, note-taking and bookmarking
• Participate in activities that provide opportunities for earning continued medical education (CME) credits (selected titles only, see individual publications for more information)
Academy publications are written and reviewed by expert ophthalmologists and are designed to help you improve patient outcomes and practice efficiency. Academy eBooks must be purchased from the Academy before they can be accessed via the app. First, download this app to your device, then visit AAO Store to make your purchase. Return to the Academy eBook app anytime you want to read your eBooks.
About the Academy:
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is the world's largest association of eye physicians and surgeons with more than 32,000 members worldwide. Eye health care is provided by the three "O's" – ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opticians. It is the ophthalmologist who has the education and training to treat it all: eye diseases, infections and injuries, and perform eye surgery. Ophthalmologists provide comprehensive eye care, ranging from optical to medical to surgical.
The mission of the Academy is to advance the lifelong learning and professional interests of ophthalmologists to ensure that the public can obtain the best possible eye care.
Academy members are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for every individual they treat by helping each to see his or her best and by protecting their patients' vision and eye health throughout life. Academy members are committed to responding compassionately to their patients' individual needs and to advancing the highest standards of comprehensive eye care.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
• Redesigned bookshelf for improved usability, stability and search
• Easier login process
• Quicker access to all your Academy eBooks